The following are presentations made by our AWAKE Team:
- Harrist, J., Irvin, M., Roy, G. J. (2019) Considering rural: Pre-service and novice teacher perspectives on rural communities. Paper to be presented at National Forum to Advance Rural Education Convention and Symposium, Louisville, Ky.
- Harrist, J., Irvin, M., Roy, G. J., Limberg, D. (2019) Country livin’: Perspectives of preservice teachers in rural school settings. Paper presented at American Educational Research Association, Toronto, Canada.
- Roy, G. J., Limberg, D., Irvin, M., Lottner, C., Harrist, J. & Moore, C. (2018) Center of Excellence for the Advancement of Workforce and Knowledge Economy: Project-based learning professional development for career development facilitators in South Carolina. Columbia, South Carolina.
- Roy, G. J. & Irvin, M. (2018). The challenge of recruiting middle level mathematics teachers in rural communities. Research poster will be presented at the 22nd annual conference of Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators. Houston, Texas.
- Limberg, D., Roy, G. J., Irvin, M., Harrist, J. & Moore, C. (2018). Creating collaborative communities: Connecting project based learning and career readiness. Research presented at the South Carolina Education and Business Summit. Greenville, South Carolina
- Irvin, M., Harrist, J., Roy, G. J., & Limberg, D. (2018). Promoting home grown success in rural South Carolina schools and communities. Research presented at University of South Carolina, College of Education SPARK Talks. Columbia, South Carolina.
- Irvin, M., Harrist, J., Reed, K., & Roy, G. J. (2018). Pre-service teachers interests in teaching in rural schools. Research presented at 2018 South Carolina Educators for the Practical Use of Research. Columbia, South Carolina.
- Irvin, M., Reed, K., Roy, G. J., & Carnes, N. (2017). Pre-service teachers interest in teaching in rural schools. Research presented at 2017 National Forum to Advance Rural Education. Columbus, Ohio.
AWAKE Professional Development Facilitated
37 Teachers and Career Development Facilitators from Barnwell 29 (Williston-Elko Middle School), Fairfield County (Fairfield Middle School), Lexington 2 (Pine Ridge Middle School & Fulmer Middle School) Lexington 3 (Batesburg-Leesville Middle School), Lexington/Richland 5 (Irmo Middle School), Richland 1 (Southeast Middle School), Richland 2 (Kelly Middle School), Sumter (Alice Drive Middle School).
55 Career Development Facilitators from Barnwell 29, Barnwell 45, Dorchester 4, Fairfield County, Lexington 1, Lexington 2, Lexington 3, Lexington 4, Lexington/Richland 5, Richland 1, Richland 2, Sumter.
Sandhills Middle School Teachers and Principal